Thursday, July 2, 2009

Highschool memories

As I rode the bus home a great sadness washed over me. I had finally got through my freshman year! Why wasn’t I happy? My question was quickly answered. I didn’t want to leave. I didn’t not want to see my friends everyday. Even the people I couldn’t wait to get away from I would miss. During the year I thought many times how great it would be to get out of school, but now I’m not so sure….. “I don’t want to forget anything”, I thought as I flipped through my year book. I wanted my freshman year to be engraved in my memory, but time will take its toile regardless. My memories will fade, the inside jokes won’t be funny anymore, and I will drift apart from some of my closest friends. The year went by so fast! I can remember thinking, “when will it get here?” But now that the time has come I don’t want to leave. The only thing keeping me from breaking down and crying is the fact that I have three more years. Three more years to see my friends, laugh at inside jokes, and cherish my time at Wilcox County High School. How long can I make it last?

No comments:

Post a Comment