Friday, September 18, 2009

If looks could kill....


If looks could kill, there would be some casualties at the moment. I'm not one to get mad, but when I do my bark is as dangerous as my bite. Well enough about me.


Actually my title is mores than a quote, it's a fact. Today people are obsessed with their looks. I know, glass houses. I'm just as bad. The fact is looks have become so important it's actually killing us. Whether it's Botox, teeth whitening, hair cuts, plastic surgery, or diet plans. Humans as a whole, focus on their flaws, and try to perfect them. There is no telling how many of suicides are caused by not reaching perfection. I honestly feel sorry for celebrities, who have to look perfect or risk rejection. "Looks" today are the furthest thing from natural as they could be. You have to have flawless skin, beautiful hair, designer clothes, and perfect teeth. Then people get disappointed when they can't reach perfection in any of those areas. We put allot of energy into making sure the outside looks good when we should be focusing on the inside. If we put that much energy into task like saving natural resources, discovering the cure for cancer, or having a relationship with Jesus Christ, the world would be a much better place.


By no means am I saying looks don't matter. I would be lying if I said that. I just mean they shouldn't be so important that they're killing us!

No comments:

Post a Comment