Saturday, September 26, 2009

When I was younger.....




Today I had the pleasure of tagging along with my mom to an interview for the paper. My mom was interviewing Mrs. Betty brown and her son about Mashburn & Fitzgerald, the store they own. So I got to be my mom's photographer today. Mashburn & Fitzgerald is currently a hardware store, where you can by household items, tools, etc. The building, the store is located in, is around a hundred years old. It was really cool. The store was really booming back in the day. hahaha. Anyway, the most interesting part of the trip was the interview. Mrs. Betty Brown is the sweetest lady I have ever met. She told me about what things were like when she was my age. It was really quite interesting. She, unlike allot of older seniors, can appeal to young people. Listening to her made me realize just how much our world has changed. Back then everything was easier. They're were fewer weirdos running around. Lol. It was like being taken back in time as I listened to Mrs. Betty tell me about her childhood and what Rochelle was like in her days. I find that a great deal of wisdom can be learned from people like her. Listening to senior citizens could very well help todays generation from making mistakes that have already been made before. Just because somethings older doesn't mean you can't learn from it.







(Mrs. Betty and her son Royal)

No comments:

Post a Comment