Tuesday, November 3, 2009

These simple truths...



Recently, my mom showed me a song entitled The words I would say. It is a beautiful song that really spoke to me.


If we were face to face,I'd tell you just what you mean to me,
I'd tell you these simple truths,Be strong in the Lord and,Never give up hope,
You're going to do great things,
I already know,God's got His hand on you so,
Don't live life in fear,Forgive and forget,But don't forget why you're here,
Take your time and pray,
These are the words I would say,


This song really lifted me up that day, from the pit I felt trapped in. I loved the lyrics, because I felt they applied to me. I hope you feel the truth in them as much as I do.

I also learned something this week from my pastor's sermon. He said Misery is optional.
I used to feel like I had to feel absolutely terrible in order to be forgiven from my sins. I was shocked to be told that you don't have to go through misery. Wallowing in self pity is strictly a choice. God wants you to be hopeful, thankful, and joyful when you are forgiven. He loves you and without a doubt he is faithful and just to forgive us.

Love the lord your God with
all your soul,
with all your mind, and
with all your strength.

1 comment:

  1. It's a beautiful lesson to know that you don't have to wallow in guilt for stuff isn't it? The cross is about your sins being forgiven. Done. Period! Wonder what jesus thinks about seeing us feeling awful about ourselves when He already fixed it totally!

    ReplyDelete